2D Game Creator
DirectX 9 Game Creator
This software is a DirectX 9 game creator for Windows, designed for 2D games. It uses an event based system for defining how the game behaves, in a visual, human-readable way - you don't need to program or script anything at all. It is intuitive for beginners, but powerful enough for advanced users to work without hindrance.
Indie game designers and hobbyists can use the software to enter the world of game creation. Artists can produce games without having to use any programming. Teachers and students can use the software to teach the principles of logic in a fun way. Developers can use it to rapidly create mockups and prototypes or simply as a faster alternative to coding. Whoever you are, this software has many features to help you.
The software uses a ribbon interface for easy access to commands. The layout of the interface is fully customisable, so you can arrange it as you want. The layout editor provides a visual, what-you-see-is-what-you-get view of the level. Objects can be arranged on to layers.
Events, put simply, are lists of conditions, followed by a list of actions to be run when those conditions are met. However, they go a lot further than that. Events are logic blocks that work.
Effects and Rendering
When you run your created game, the rendering is hardware-accelerated using DirectX, giving optimal performance by utilising the graphics card. This also allows you to use pixel shaders on objects, for advanced rendering effects.
* Advanced rendering effects like skew, motion blur, and bumpmapping
* Physics behavior to add realistic physics simulations to objects
* Bone animation system for ultra smooth animations
* Debugger to view the game internal state while playing
* Embedded Python scripts for faster advanced processing
* 3D features such as the 3D box object, and 3D mesh distortion on sprites to elevate or move a grid of points across its image
* Windows XP
* Windows Vista
* Windows 7
* Windows 8
* Windows 8.1
* Windows 10