Battle for Wesnoth
The Battle for Wesnoth, or simply Wesnoth, is a turn-based strategy game with a fantasy setting. In Wesnoth, the player attempts to build a powerful army by controlling villages and defeating enemies for experience.
The Battle for Wesnoth is a turn-based wargame played on a hex map. The strategy of battle involves fighting on favorable terrain, at a favorable time of day, and with enemies weak against the player's units. Other concerns are capturing villages that produce gold for unit recruitment, and positioning units to restrict enemy movement. Games of Wesnoth come both in the form of single-player campaigns and multiplayer matches.
Each unit in Wesnoth has its own strengths and weaknesses. A unit's defense is based on the terrain it stands on; elves, for example, are difficult to hit when fighting in a forest. Different types of attacks (melee and ranged), weapon types (pierce, blade, impact, arcane, cold, and fire), and a day-night cycle that alternately favors lawful and chaotic units, alter the amount of damage a unit deals and receives. Throughout the campaigns, units can advance to higher level counterparts and become more powerful.
The Battle for Wesnoth takes place in a world populated by Tolkienesque races such as humans, elves, dwarves, orcs, and trolls, as well as Wesnoth-specific races such as dragonlike Drakes. Campaign stories span the history and geography of the world, but most focus on the eponymous human kingdom of Wesnoth, which suffers frequent invasions of orcish raiders and the undead.
The Battle for Wesnoth has six default factions to choose from:
* Rebels: Consist mostly of elvish units, with ent-like woses, mermen, and mages.
* Knalgan Alliance: These consist of slow but sturdy dwarves with strong melee attacks, allied with human outlaws who fight better under the cover of darkness.
* Loyalists: These are human cavalry, mages and infantry that ordinarily fight better in the daytime, with mermen allies.
* Northerners: A faction of orcs and goblins, along with troll, and naga allies.
* Undead: The undead are vulnerable to fire, impact, and arcane attacks, but have high resistance against blade, pierce and especially cold damage.
* Drakes: A dragon-like race that fights better by day. Most can fly and breathe fire.
The Battle for Wesnoth comes with 15 campaigns, most of which have three levels of difficulty including:
Heir to the Throne, A Tale of Two Brothers, An Orcish Incursion, The South Guard, Liberty, Legend of Wesmere, The Eastern Invasion, The Hammer of Thursagan, Descent into Darkness, Delfador's Memoirs, The Sceptre of Fire, Son of the Black Eye, The Rise of Wesnoth, Northern Rebirth and Under the Burning Suns.
Windows and MacOS Compatible:
* Windows XP
* Windows Vista
* Windows 7
* Windows 8
* Windows 8.1
* Windows 10
This software is compatible with all Intel based Mac computers from MacOS 10.6 Snow Leopard to the latest new release.
- 1 PDF, 1 DMG and 1 EXE